Monday 6 September 2010

Monday 6th Sept

Today I worked on improving the lay out of my blog on Blogger; I went to the 'Design' tab to change the structure of my blog and to add gadgets. I was given a page of different gadgets I could add to my Blog;
The lay out of the option menu was easy to use and gave a large variety of options, it also gave a brief description of the gadget to help you choose what ones would be relevant to you.


The first gadget I added to my blog was a 'Blog list'. This list enabled me to add my classmate's profiles; this list provided me an easy way to quickly reach the work of my peers. By being able to look at other people's work I can get a good idea of how on track I am, and gives me the means to be able to compare and comment on the work of others quickly, providing useful feedback.



Another insteresting feature I enabled was a news reel to show recent news articles about the subjects of my choice; this is a good feature to use as I could make it specific to my course. The words I chose for the news reel to search for were 'Apple', 'Google', 'Microsoft', 'ICT', 'Inventions' and 'Technology'. I hoped that these could possibly provide information that may be helpful and interesting to those visiting my blog, and is suitable for the course I'm doing.



Lastly I changed the background and display of my blog from the standard colour scheme to a more interesting and engaging layout. I chose a colourful background scheme and also changed the colours of the text boxes and text to pink and blue to make the page look more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment